Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Going, Gone, and Here

I left the house this morning only to turn around at Timber Ridge and go back for my jacket - which I do need in Kelso, WA - 50 outside right now. The day was pretty uneventful, thank goodness. Getting thru security was quick except that Mom's cell phone caused the alarm to go off. The flight was very smooth but very long - 6 hours and Mom had ants in her pants - up and down like a yo-yo. The fly into Portland was absolutely gorgeous!! We saw Mt. Hood very up close - I spoke with a young man on the shuttle at Charlotte and he is headed for a Snow Board competition this weekend on Mt. Hood. So snow, snow, snow. The Hertz rental counter was very slow and very busy - but we have a Solara convertible - can you see Mom & I cruising the West in a convertible - this area will never be the same.

We drove 4 hours, sat for 3 hours, flew for 6 hours, and drove another hour.

It is 11:19 Washington time and as it has been a very long day, I will say Goodnight.

Tomorrow - a drive up the west coast to Olympia National Park and Kalaloch Lodge for 2 nights.

No comments: