Monday, July 28, 2008

Lolo Pass and the Valleys

Well, we didn't make it to Oregon today, only to Clarkston - the drive over Lolo Pass and thru the valleys after that took longer than expected and we did stop a few times for pics, etc.

The drive was primarily in Idaho and it was definitely better than our first view of the state. Remember the high desert that began in WA and ended in MT, well, Idaho was covered in nothing but sage brush and yucky grass along the northern route. This route took us thru tree filled valleys that ran along one river after another. We also crossed the Nez Perce Indian Reservation. Mom did get tired of looking at trees without much change.

It was a nice drive but long. So will see the Multnomah Falls and Mt Hood

1 comment:

Kathryn C. said...

Michele, I returned to work yesterday and read through some of your travels. I started to comment but found out that I needed to have an account first, so I signed up for an account so I could send you this.
It sounds like you are having a great trip. Since I was born in Oregon and lived in Montana for about 4 years I am enjoying your trip with you. I doubt that I will ever get back there. I know a lot of the area when you are going through looks the same but it really is a beautiful area. I still have family in Montana, Washington, California, North Dakota, Kansas, Wisconsin, and Missouri. Keep on going and have a great time. Wishing you safe travels. Kathryn